Originally Posted by Nik

I think that's probably true Grinity, but I don't think that was what this Psych was saying, I really got the uncomfortable impression that he saw the purpose of medication as being to make the student more compliant/acceptable to the school. Hopefully I was wrong there, but I got the feeling he really didn�t even read my DD�s case file beyond IQ scores.
I just don't buy that. Is this the same person who diagnosed situational depression?

ADD inattentive kids are usually not poorly behaved, or defiant at school - although they may have EF troubles that keep them from turning the homework in.

Your report of the exchange reads to me that the Doc wasn't able to establish repore with you, and was a sort of 'shoot from the lip' kind of person. I know how hard it is to put comments from authority figures out of one's mind, but honestly I would try to smoosh the memory with a 'even if he and I don't agree, he probably believes he has my child's best interest at heart.' and then turn it into an interesting footnote.

Love and more love
grinity

Coaching available, at SchoolSuccessSolutions.com