I'm mich - but I wasn't the one that did most of the teaching! My son's LD school integrates EF skills in everything they do and my dd's tutor helped her with study skills and organization. That said, two books I found useful are:

Late Lost and Unprepared
No Mind Left Behind

Late Lost gives strategies that can be used in family and school life. No Mind also suggests strategies, but also breaks down EF into subskills (called the 8 pillars), which makes it easier to pin point your child's strengths and problem areas.

My dd's issues center primarily around her working memory and being able to sustain attention. Her tutor taught her study strategies to help her better comprehend her assignments, test/homework questions, and academic content. She now does a lot of pre-reading such as reading chapter questions before she gets started, reading the titles, subtitles, picture and data boxes etc, Then, when she goes back and reads the chapter, she is better able to tie it all together without her mind wandering. She also takes two column notes and uses various study strategies such as making study guides and flash cards.

Both my kids have always been pretty organized about plotting out their work, setting and meeting milestones. They run into trouble in that it can take them an inordinate amount of time to complete tasks - especially when they get side tracked. So, they've learned to manage their environment to minimize distractions. DD uses a timer in the morning to keep her moving from her room, bathroom and breakfast. (doesn't always work, since she can override it when she wants to make one of her multiple outfit changes). DS finds it important to break down tasks and allow time to stretch, exercise and refresh every so often to get his brain going. He benefits from "systems" and "routines" to stay on track and self monitor.

geofizz - I do think that the expectations in school are too high - especially in middle school. Students are expected to juggle increasingly large amounts of work, at the same time teachers are removing much of the structure, guidance and feedback. I think that many times kids become overwhelmed - not so much with the content of academics, but how to their work in a quality way.