Thanks for the link. I like the ideas for assignment partners and wish this teacher would do a little more of that.

For the trip, the kids all got to write down names of people they would like to room with (confidentially) and then two teachers did the assignments. I think they put a fair amount of thought into it. My son wrote down two girls' names. I think the teacher thought this inappropriate (duh) and told me that he didn't give her a lot of options. I pointed out to her that he may not have put boys names down because he didn't think anyone would want to room with him and it's too risky to write a name. Again, this doesn't take a lot of imagination on my part, but it seems to be too much for her.

I've told my son to take the mattress from his bunk and put it on the floor in the other room and just say "hey guys I'm bunking in here." He thinks that would be weird. I've told him it would be really normal. Apparently the adult in the next room really gets these kids, so I'm going to ask him if he can be sure that this happens. A neighbor/parent knows the two kids in the next room and says they are really nice.

So, I'm okay, my son seems okay, but I still think it's a really bad idea. The neighbor whose son is 6th grade, same school, said that he would not be able to sleep in the room alone. No way. I don't know.

Benny

Benny