We have managed to get OT and part of a recent psycho-edu assessment covered by our insurance. I will have to start negotiating the vision therapy next. Apparently my insurance is unwilling to pay for that, but according to the doctor's office, some of their clients are getting some coverage.

It is unfair. Unfair that we can't get testing and therapy. Unfair that our kids can't get appropriate educational accommodations.

I thought negotiating for my HG DD was difficult, but at least with her, everyone agreed that she was gifted. Her FSIQ reflected, at least somewhat, her true abilities. With DS, I am having trouble getting him accepted into the good gifted program his sis attends because of the affect the low processing speed has on his FSIQ. But this kid has more of the typical gifted social and emotional needs than his older sib and could benefit hugely from the environment there. Sigh.

So we homeschool, which is unfair to me too, because I don't actually want to homeschool. Oh well, at least we are financially able to swing it and have found a wonderful community of homeschoolers to hang out with, and for that I am grateful.