hi, i am the one who started the thread. The responses are complex and interesting. I am trying to find some common denominators.

but one thing is bothering me. I thought i was onto something when i saw the silverman "upside down brilliance" theory of the visual/spatial learner. These kids can't do math facts. And prefer the big picture. Sounds like my son. However i can't find anything to suggest that CODING in particular would be a weak subtest for them. Also it says spelling should be difficult, but he is a pretty good speller (but not great).

So then there is the visual convergence theory that seems to come with poor visual memory. "Master of None" mentioned that her son's Visual Memory tasks were poor but non-visual were ok. Does anyone know what subtests test the non-visual memory? i always thought of my son as being weak with audio processing but strong with visual perception (he got a 19 on picture concepts). Would this rule out the convergence/visual memory theory or support it somehow?

Do any of the moms with kids with low coding scores see their children as visual/spatial learners as well? Visual/Spatials seem to have the following two things in common with our "code 5 club" kids:
a) bad handwriting and writing skills
b) poor memorization of math facts

so just trying to tie some things together. the experience with this board has far surpassed my expectations. smile thanks

irene