Originally Posted by Mom2MrQ
If any of the OP's would be willing to share what has transpired in the two years since this thread was started, I would very much appreciate it.

Were any (new) diagnoses made after this time? Any therapies or techniques discovered that you found especially helpful? Have your child's issues improved, worsened, stayed the same, or morphed into something new?

TIA

No new diagnosis here, my ds didn't have a super high gai when tested a few years back, but the descriptions fit him, and of course many of the frustrations of being able to understand tons of stuff but only spew things back at fairly slow speeds.

One major thing we tried was just bypassing the math curriculum which was massively repetitive and disastrously discouraging for him. We did online algebra last year with him, and while he wasn't over the moon about it, he didn't fight tooth and nail when I asked him to do a few lessons. He REALLY appreciated how quickly he could move through the coursework, do a few problems and move onto another new concept. I appreciated how it sort of helped clarify for him that he is more than capable in that area, and way more capable than the school could see.