hi,
thanks everyone for taking time to reply.

here is more info.

He has no sensory issues, but very emoitional. For example, he started taking ballet after he caught me watching a pbs special on rudolf nuryev and was in tears. I asked "why are you crying" expecting him to say he wanted me to change the channel. Instead he said "i think i will never be able to dance like Rudolf". He now has several "passions" over different subject areas.

On math, he is great at the big picture but miserable at learnign his math facts, which he has spent the entire YEAR doing- just addition and subtraction.

Last week i came across a description of the Visual Spatial LEarner and "upside down brilliance" and was up all night reading as it fit him to a T. ***But I'm not sure if that means he is disabled??? or is it a learning STYLE.

His weaknesses are
-can't seem to memorize simple math computation
-has no concept of time
-disorganized
-distracted by things he sees
-hates schedules -everything has to be spontaneous.
-no interest in workbooks of any kind- even the ones they used in preschool for phonics that the other typical kids llked and the PDD kids loved
-can be overly emotional

His strenghts are
-science and social studies
-reading (went from K level to 5th grade level on acheivement test in about 8 months with no end in sight). No early reading or interest in letters.
-music and dance
-sports- can hit a baseball with pitching machine and plays in little league.

Also I am wondering if the CODING Subtest score has more to do with the CODING then the SPEED .He does meaningful things like comprehension questions very very quickly. But can't do the nonsense stuff.

any other input or suggestions appreciated.