ncmom2 thank you for letting me know all this about your experiences and how similar they are to mine. this board is great..i'm addicted! also i am rushing to google "convergence insufficiency" to see if it rings any other bells.

My psych did not officially diagnose anything - which we all as we feel a diagnosis made without 100% confidence would not help.. But he feels he has a combination of (unspecified) learning disability and giftedness and possible ADD. His teacher said he will have more time on teh qualifying test for the gifted program and she seems "on board" but unfortunately he gets a new teacher every year and we have to get everyone "convinced" he's bright so they will treat him that way.

His old PDD-NOS label, though it opens doors to lots of extra help, is not great because everyone at the school seems to think kids with PDD have some type of shallow/artifical intelligence and not truly gifted. We will probably pursue removing the PDD label when we have a better idea what is actually going on.

irene

irene