Originally Posted by incogneato
And yes, thank you acs for reitering what I had just said about all kids being different. Which, by the way, was in response to your taking to task another forum member for relating their own experiences which just happened to be different from your situation.

I feel bad if anyone thought that I was arguing with people sharing stories, since, as far as I am concerned that is the best part of this forum.

This issue I had taken the poster in question to task for was posting general statements about gifted kids and boredom, some of which could have been taken by some as an attack on their well-considered decisions. If she had used the term "my kid" instead of "you" then I would have read happily without being troubled by what she said. She has subsequently rephrased the statement without changing the story and I am quite content.

What I was really hoping was not that people stopped telling stories but that we remember our divers audience and remember this, which I had posted earlier.
Originally Posted by acs
So I just think that, with the newbies and the brief visitors in mind, it would be nice if we could all remember to use a liberal dosage of "for me" "for my child" "in our experience" and "this probaby won't apply to everyone" etc. We all can get carried away on topics we care about but if you look at the number of hits each of these threads gets, I think it good to remind ourselves that what we are writing is being read far and wide, not just by our friends. Just a reality check....

My comments about all kids being different were, indeed, meant to be an echo of what you said. They were my attempt to live up to my own request that we make sure we tell our stories without negating those of others.