Originally Posted by acs
I think you can be on your soapbox but still use language that is less critical of those of us who made other decisions. I know that you respect me and my parenting and I respect your decisions as well, so this isn't a personal issue at all. But when you get on your soapbox, I think sometimes you get a bit carried away. I would just like to see you moderate your rhetoric a bit. Is that fair?

Honestly, if we are all being honest with ourselves we can all be guilty of the same thing. Usually when we are talking about personal issues that we feel strongly about:

Originally Posted by acs
The child has a responsibility to address their boredom as well. I think DS does get a lot out of being bored at school. I asked him last night how he gets through repetitive lessons and he came up with a list of about 10 things he does that indicate to me that he his learning useful skills (social, emotional, advocacy, maturational, and intellectual). In no way is he learning to shut down, so I really feel like his school boredom is a good thing

I think what we can all learn from this as frequent posters is that what may be a good course of action for one child is not necessarily appropriate for another child for many different reasons.

And I think anyone here searching for their *way* in terms of educational planning is aware that we are a diverse group of people with different experiences and different success story.

I would hazard a guess that most adults searching for info here can take what's relevant to them and also *take* what's not KWIM?

I've come a LONG, LONG way in the search for what is right for my children over the last year or so. I've benefitted at least as much or more from stories that I read and say: "That's just not my child, my family.

So to anyone reading my posts in the past or the future: If you read anything I post that sounds like horse puckey, please feel free to laugh! In fact, go ahead and say: "That silly Neato doesn't know what she's talking about". But, please, please, don't ever say that I'm potentially harming someone because I've had a different experience with my child and I'm caring enough to share it. None of us here are experts reigning down on the newbies....."You are a bad parent if you do not do as I do......."

We all know this, right? ((big sigh))