Originally Posted by incogneato
But, please, please, don't ever say that I'm potentially harming someone because I've had a different experience with my child and I'm caring enough to share it. None of us here are experts reigning down on the newbies....."You are a bad parent if you do not do as I do......."

We all know this, right? ((big sigh))

I think those of us who have been around for a while and know each other understand what you are saying and know that we are mosly all talking about our own kid and not trying to overgeneralize. But people who just stop in and read a thread or two may not appreciate the long term relationships and easy chatter of us regulars.

So I just think that, with the newbies and the brief visitors in mind, it would be nice if we could all remember to use a liberal dosage of "for me" "for my child" "in our experience" and "this probaby won't apply to everyone" etc. We all can get carried away on topics we care about but if you look at the number of hits each of these threads gets, I think it good to remind ourselves that what we are writing is being read far and wide, not just by our friends. Just a reality check....

Last edited by acs; 02/22/09 06:40 PM.