Thanks for the chuckle Kriston ... I love the image of a pet elephant.

I really don't have anything to enhance this topic since my child is clearly at the start and hasn't even begun preschool, but the title caught my eye. I ponder this idea especially since I have a toddler. Is it really that important for me to be so involved in this idea of gifted at toddler age? I sometimes wonder if my knowledge of gifted has helped or hindered my situation. I find myself buying more items such as math and reading books that I never would have bought previously but then fear I would be sinking into the black hole of hot housing if I used them and up on a shelf they sit. I know logically that my DD learned what she knows clearly on her own curiosity and would it be so bad to build more into the foundations she has already established but my biggest fear is if I did sit her down and provide some type of curriculum then I am creating this fake sense of gifted. But my fear is by doing that I would be the mom that was shocked that her IQ scores were not at the high end b/c she could already do this and that when in the end it is b/c I guided her into that knowledge. So again ... I think I was better off on the other side of the fence not even linking gifted to my child.