Yes I agree in his situation, putting up with a little boredom is fine. That's why I made my post about little vs a lot. Only you can decide where that line is drawn and it highly depends on the kid. Sorry for going off on my HUGE tangent.

Boredom is a huge sore spot for me. blush I've read "Gifted kids don't get bored." And I've been told "WHy can't he amuse himself in his head, if he's so smart?" "What's wrong with your child b/c my child knows all that stuff already and he's perfectly happy." or some variation of those. "Well he has many years of boring school work to get through so he might as well get used to it now." and "Well you make things too exciting at home doing chemistry and physics. You need to make home so boring that school looks inviting."

I was left w/ "what is wrong with my child?" Why can't he make it in this environment? People move from miles away for this district blah blah blah.

And I believed a lot of it. I just wish when my son was in K, someone would have told me these things and he wouldn't have had to suffer. But I thought it would be just for that year and bought into he has to learn to deal with it. 1st was better, but as soon as the teacher started winding down in MARCH b/c she had the high kids and they finished the material for the year, he started complaining. He is just like I am I think. He requires lots of data input coming in ... I'm always reading something, or thinking about something or researching something. It's the scientist in me. WHen I was in science, I'd have stacks of journals to read through, assimilate into current knowledge, determine who it affected the project I was working on, put it together in a presentation, present it, answer questions then on to the next thing to research. When I left science to be home w/ my baby, I thought I would go insane from not having intellectual stimulation. I have gotten used to it so much so that the thought of doing that level of mental work frightens me. And sadly, that's what happened to my son in just 3 years.