indigo, in reply to your multiple posts to me upthread:

I’ll leave it to you to educate yourself on the Canadian education system, as well as to read the articles linked and evaluate for yourself the degree to which correlation and causation are disentangled. I am disinclined to offer a course in basic statistics here. Here’s a good primer on empirical causation in social sciences.

http://www.oxfordhandbooks.com/view...56.001.0001/oxfordhb-9780199604456-e-049

As to my position on free public education, I recommend you actually read my comments rather than selectively interpreting them. If you are unable to understand my position after repeated explanations, it is your responsibility to address that personal gap outside the context of this forum.

As to your absurd question about whether I pay US taxes, of course not. I pay taxes (on earned income, etc) in the jurisdiction to which I am a citizen, and provide private charity where I am not on a needs-based ranking, to the extent that my finances allow.

Since you asked and I answered, a little quid pro quo seems fair, though such a question would never be asked in polite company. (I’m seeing this as a teachable moment, and you’ve abandoned all pretense of reciprocal politeness, so why not?)

Do you pay US taxes personally, not by proxy through a spouse, family member, trust, or other income splitting mechanism? By this, do you pay taxes on personal income you earn from legitimate, objectively verifiable paid work recognized by the IRS? If not, who is suppprting your lifestyle, one which allows you to post amply during conventional work hours? You seem to have a fundamental view that everyone can self-support, irrespective of the hand life deals them.

Clarity, please. If you’re going to stand on your soapbox and demand punishing sacrifice from the poor to self-support, and ask intrusive personal questions of others on a public forum, kindly make yourself an example. What’s good for the goose is good for the gander.

What is to give light must endure burning.