Originally Posted by philly103
condescending and disparaging discourse
Philly103, would you please link to posts and quote phrases which you find to be condescending and/or disparaging?
Possibly you (and others) may take offense at simple statement of disagreement. Board Rules do allow for disagreement:
Originally Posted by Board Rules
Do not bully or insult. In any discussion, people may disagree with your opinions. This is a normal part of any discussion. If you do not agree with someone, feel free to post a thoughtful, constructive response, but do not bully or insult people.
Philly103, would you please link to posts and quote phrases which you find to have a devolving tone?
Possibly you (and others) may take offense at simple statement of disagreement. Again, Board Rules do allow for disagreement.

I did receive PM's after the first exchange informing me that this is just your way of dealing with people and asking me to not judge the community by your actions.

You appear to have a reputation that travels with you.
What is the purpose of this portion of your post?

As for your assertions of desiring clarification, I'll disagree since the clarification that you requested was already in the multiple posts that you had been responding to.
It may be easier to follow your posts if you provided a link, for continuity. In re-reading your various posts, if I follow correctly, you believe that college tuition should be free... to meet the needs of the students... to enter most industries... workforce-ready, also college-ready, life-skills ready? (will look for links and update if/when found... or edit this segment based on posts found)

I'll also disagree with your assertion of emotionless fact-based posting. You're clearly posting in an aggressive, confrontational manner. That you don't curse or use other overt language doesn't change that.
Nor do I make personal attacks.
Nor place negative labels on those who may offer a different viewpoint.
Nor participate in any form of name-calling.
Nor participate in PMs to discredit others (although I, too, have received such PMs, soliciting my participation).

Philly103, would you please link to posts and quote phrases which you find to be aggressive and/or confrontational?
Possibly you (and others) may take offense at simple statement of disagreement. Again, Board Rules do allow for disagreement.

Philly103, in this post, you did not respond to my thoughts on-topic. To summarize, I see:
- I believe most posters have agreed the price of tuition at US public colleges is too high for many American citizens.
- There are differing views on whether:
- - a broad array of individual solutions are more effective, efficient, and serve more US citizens...
- - or whether making tuition US-taxpayer-funded would be more beneficial to more US citizens...
- - or whether some are looking to maximize benefit to those who are not US citizens, at the expense of American citizens.

How would you summarize the discussion of the OPs article so far, in this thread?

Originally Posted by [philly103
Put more succinctly, you can choose the tone under which we have this conversation and I'll gladly respond in kind.
Some may say this is projecting onto me, as I have addressed statements made, while you have posted personal attacks.