Thank you Dude for your reply and clarity. Perhaps #2 should be separated out into another premise. The problem with #2 is rarely whether you or I as individuals are willing to identify and accept as reality a societal problem, it's not even whether we're as free will individuals to contribute to a possible solution. The problem arises when I feel that my ideal of a societal problem is important enough to force you against your will to contribute to the solution as well.

So in answer to you last question, my answer is of course when I identify a malignant tumor on myself I try and treat it. What I don't presume though is that if I have a malignant tumor that I should be able to make you contribute to the funding to treat it, that's not my place or jurisdiction to tell you what to do with what you own. What I can do is ask if you're willing to contribute of your own free will as a compassionate and caring human being provided I have no other means to afford the treatment myself and other less expensive options are off the table. Then I let you decide if that is what you have see as a priority with your resources.