Solaris, I am not feeling pressured to homeschool by anyone, more by myself, my constant questioning if I am doing the right thing. We love our school and the teachers, just unsure after we saw the test results. For now, won't fix what doesn't feel broken.. We don't the time due to DD3's issues. But I am learning from you all with interest, esp if you have experience with older kids who have similar profiles (no outstanding academic achievement in early years, very high test scores and maybe some precocity at home). And you are very right in that once you are in 99.9%, it is hard to know where the kid actually is, and also I don't know if any higher score with extended norm will change how I'll manage his education beyond that 99.9% knowledge, because I think the 99.9% is already in special need category (out of reach of many if not all private schools for GT).

Platypus, you said some of the things that have been in my thought.. I think my DS1 might be gifted in engineering, but that is not a subject that is touched much in elementary school. So that might make him a late bloomer. For now I'll have to feed his hunger with accessible materials like legos. I might be able to dedicate time for him in a couple years, when I expect my DD's issues to largely resolve. Any starting point to learn about homeschooling, if/when I manage to scrape some time, just for feasibility study? Also the potentials of mixing home schooling with regular schooling, for instance do everything at school except for math and/or science work for instance. Thank you!

I'll have to admit that I am feeling intimidated more than once when I am thinking of it, but I've been thinking often that I will try something in a couple years when I have more time.