Originally Posted by puffin
I think it is odd to make claims without proof but I don't really care that much if people do except for some allergies when it can increase the risk to those with true allergies (luckily not my kids).

I do care, because making a claim about being "PG" when it isn't true can lead to all kinds of problems. For example, if people are fabricating giftedness, their posts can't be trusted. Yet we can't know who's making it up, and so parents here may be believing advice based on experiences that never happened. This could tend to harm their children rather than help them.

Also, if a false claim of giftedness is made in real life, it can make teachers cynical when an actual HG+ kid comes along. How many of us have had to convince teachers that our kids really are gifted in the face of a belief that parents make it up? That belief isn't formed in a vacuum.

OP, my last message (bottom of page 4) was an attempt to address your concerns and the other concerns brought up on this thread. I hope it helps.

(And if anyone here is fabricating giftedness, please stop that.)