Can you be both visual spatial and auditory? Yes. Those are mixed learners.

There are different types visual learners though. Some kids seem more into computers and coding than others; coding is more sequential. Some are more into maps or puzzles than others. Some are more into art or music. Some can pick up language through phonics while others are more whole language initially before memorizing phonics.

Remember, phonics can involve discriminating sound -- or memorizing pattern of phonics by sight. With my 2e/pg ds10, it was the later. He had trouble discriminating the different phonic sounds since he has CAPD (central auditory processing disorder). So he relied heavily on his visual spatial skills to discriminate the different phonic patterns with letters.

There can be overlap with higher levels of giftedness, ADHD, and spatial learners - even with spectrumy traits too. My ds doesn't have ADHD but he has some traits and has been misdiagnosed with ADHD. Ditto for PDD (pervasive development disorder/Asperger's). Then again, though ds is spatially gifted, he has visual deficits (some convergence insufficiency), CAPD, and sensory issues -- which can look like ADHD. Plus, he's gifted, been very asynchronous, and OE (overexcited) a lot.

I haven't found too many people who are so expert at disentangling the often subtle differences between higher levels of giftedness, ADHD, spectrum issues, sensory, OE, etc. There are some IF you go digging a lot and search far and wide. Quite frankly, I think many people lack the expertise.

I had to keep going up the totem pole with ds and the testing. Even then, the tests or paperwork say one thing about ds. But that's only a snapshot and often not what I see on a daily basis. We get flashes, at times. But he's still only 10. The maturity and consistency are not there yet.

IF you've got a very creative kid, it can appear even more perplexing because oftentimes the IQ scores are very scattered, inconsistent, and not overly high to boot. Yet I could cite many famous people who would fall into this category. Yet, I think, too often, many people tend to throw up their hands and reach for an easy diagnosis, which often ends up being a misdiagnosis. And IF this is the case, as it was in our situation, I would strongly suggest looking to find that proverbial needle in the haystack to figure things out if necessary.

There can been a wide range with these kids. Even the classification between high achieving, gifted, and creative, often isn't as clearly delineated as this site suggests -
http://www.bertiekingore.com/high-gt-create.htm. It's not a case of one shoe fits all or a standard trajectory here. Far from it.

However, I think the more creative a child is, the more murky the waters tend to be. Can you imagine where the cartoonist Gary Larson (From The Far Side) would fit? It seems -- the more high achieving the child, the less murky at least on the surface!

Also, even with a pg child who is doing college-level work at age 8 say, it's extremely likely that they're not consistently working at that level on a daily or even a weekly basis. It's more likely to be a few months or so doing one course OR a couple of hours a day at most and then doing other things that are not so taxing the rest of the time. The consistency and maturity isn't often there until a child's around 12+ years old. So parents are often dealing with trying to juggle the insatiable rage to learn with something 4+ years ahead of grade with the social/emotional aspects of their chronological age.

Kids still need to do 'normal', neurotypical things that are more align with their chronological peers like climbing trees or playing in a sandpit regardless of whether they are pg or doing calculus at 8 yrs old. Part of them is still a child.

The tricky part is that some of these kids go through phases or veer off into uncharted territory where they don't want to do the 'normal' stuff or be around more neurotypical children like in school setting. When the child doesn't tolerate being in a school setting with more neurotypical children or mg/hg gifted, that's when you have to start looking into alternative educational options.