It is interesting, the point about the eraser. She is a local professor, so I'd assume she is doing a pretty good job in administering the test, but I am unsure if the eraser was used during the processing speed task (are there tasks without processing speed measurement?). I am also unsure if there was access to an eraser or if DS just used his finger or something else to try to erase. i.e. if the problem was because DS was not following instruction. Coincidentally my DS likes to goof and not following instructions, so I can't be sure if he is not the one to blame.

The WAIS was administered just to satisfy curiousity, because she knew that he hit the VS ceiling in WPPSI IV three years ago, and it was by a good margin.. He spent only 1/3 of the allotted time on the hardest block problem. She mentioned upfront that she'd let him work on WAIS VS materials if he hit the ceiling again, but that it would not be used for scoring. He basically maxed out in both WISC V and WAIS materials for blocks, as well as WISC V for puzzles, she didn't try WAIS puzzles on him. It was a good information for us, I guess, because otherwise, we'd be pondering about where his limit is, since we'd have to wait 10 more years in order to do WAIS test - if we want a higher ceiling. We waited 3 years to do WISC V to get more information using the higher ceiling and didn't expect to hit the ceiling again this time.

Last edited by peanutsmom; 08/28/16 07:09 PM.