Thank you Solaris for sharing! No, I don't see it as bragging, I have similar feeling when trying to describe my DS to outside the GT community, so we have not come out at school nor with most of my own friends who also have children. It seems that your DS had very consistent results between the subtests, where as mine is more on the asynchronous side. I need to figure out what these all means. By any chance does anyone know how long it takes for Pearson to publish the extended norm? And how useful is the extended norm for us if he hit the ceiling of both WISC V and WAIS and cannot be scored on WAIS because of underage? But then any new information might not be that useful for us, right, extended norm might push his FSIQ and GAI further up but doesn't really change the conclusion. I am also interested in info on why a kid this bright might score that low on speed - his symbol search percentile is very low; psychologist also told us that he interrupted his work to reconfirm that rotations were not exact matches, etc. But it was 25 percentile; this is way below median. It is too low to make any sense, none of his other scores is like this. So his PSI is 63 percentile because symbol search drags everything down. He doesn't present himself as slow learner or thinker in daily life - it is actually the opposite at home - and at school he's been doing ok, so I am baffled. I just want to be sure that there's no medical issue or special need we overlook, such as vision issues, that might hurt him at school in the future. We did get him checked by ophtalmologist when he was four, and he was ok.

Last edited by peanutsmom; 09/02/16 11:19 AM.