Originally Posted by polarbear
I'm confused about one thing in this discussion... the OP has a child with a specific GAI number.
is the concern that that specific # isn't high enough to be considered PG, or is the concern that GAI isn't a reliable indicator of PG (vs FSIQ)?
As I posted the link to the Pearson source which explains/interprets the meaning of the GAI, I will field that question. This resource provides reliable information which may help answer the OP's question and assist both parents in aligning their views.

If the concern is the latter, I'd suggest spending some time with high GAI kids with disabilities that impact their ability to score high on PSI and WM. I wouldn't discount a 2e parent's opinion re level of giftedness simply because they are relying on GAI vs FSIQ.
I respect that opinions may differ as to how much Processing Speed and Working Memory may impact intelligence, learning, achievement. However I believe that a parent asking for advice, and presenting a GAI score ought to have access to information about the meaning of GAI scores, therefore I provided that from an authoritative source.

Please know I'm not intending to be disrespectful in asking, I just don't understand what the origin of this discussion is with respect to the OP here in this post.
Introducing this resource was in response to the OP's question in the subject of this thread: "PG? Husband is a skeptic, I am on the fence" and the later post regarding the GAI score.