Originally Posted by Twinkiestwice
Irene, if I had read the full thread first, I would of been a ware that not everyone was on the same page. smirk. I read the top comments at the top of page one, thought we were all on the same page, and commented based on that *not knowing some disagreed* make sense? But really, I have issues with hovering because my mother completely and totally engulfed me. We are now estranged and have been for over two years. She left me an insecure and unconfident dependent on her. So, articles like this are very triggering for me, and I thought I found a place whee everyone was in agreement (lesson learned: read entire threads for climbing on a soap box by yourself). smile

Not a problem-- for what it is worth, my later history is a pretty good match for your own....

and my own mother was the antithesis of yours. She paid as much attention to me as a box of laundry soap, and BLAMED me for each and every bad thing that ever happened to me, or told me to quit being bothersome.

So I think that the lesson here is that neglect doesn't really offer much in the way of good self-image, empowerment, or self-confident assertiveness either. smile

Schrödinger's cat walks into a bar. And doesn't.