Nope, no way to limit the domain. Don't. I. WISH.

It's food. Everyone eats, most people do it literally everywhere (often in spite of rules* to the contrary), and everyone thinks that (via familiarity) they know what is necessary and safe for someone with food allergies, and 99% of the time, they are wrong, wrong, wrong about what they know to be "true" there, because sensitivity varies so dramatically.

This is the reason why we originally started homeschooling. Eventually, yes, I trust DD to manage. Nobody else, though. Been burned too many times.

This is admittedly a special situation-- but it probably applies to ANY child with a hidden medical condition that requires ongoing management. Most people think that they know a lot more about it than they really do, and the child is ultimately the boss of his/her own body... gets into really weird territory in a hurry.

* Brings up an adorable anecdote about my DD, though, from when she was about four. She and I were talking about 'differences' and hidden disabilities/challenges. So I explained what 'dyslexia' and related learning challenges are like. She was silent for a few moments, clearly thinking hard, and then she said, plaintively; "Oh, mama... maybe those people eating cookies at the library have a disability that means that they cannot read the SIGN." She kind of wailed, actually-- clearly guilt-ridden for her awful thoughts about those rule-breakers. Maybe they didn't MEAN to break the rules, they just couldn't read what they were...

Yup. Perfect glimpse into my DD's psyche, there. She felt guilty for being mad at those people who were thoughtlessly limiting HER access to a public library. wink

Schrödinger's cat walks into a bar. And doesn't.