Update: We met today with the psychotherapist and she indeed seems like a perfect fit. She really seemed to understand DD just from our description - even before meeting her. I think we may have actually found the resource we need to guide us through this mess. We will have DD evaluated in August - hopefully in time for psych to write a letter about classroom placement. Frankly, I doubt it will matter. If we can't convince them before that they will almost definitely say it is too late to rearrange things. At least we will have this psych on our side working with DD to help so things are looking up. AND she got word that insurance reconsidered - since she is fluent in Spanish they approved her after all! Not sure when it will kick in but we are finally feeling better.

I sent an email about the IEP being incomplete but did not actually request another meeting. (The idea of sitting in a room with this principal makes me feel physically ill. I just can't get myself to ask for it...) In our state we don't have to sign off for an IEP to be implemented - if we don't object in writing within 5 days we are presumed to have consented to it as written. No word from the district since the "I feel awful" phone call to our consultant. No response to email about the IEP.