Hope I made the right decision - the neuropsych called this morning with a cancellation in mid-August. I was torn between having him see "happy summer DD" where I think he can get the best read on her abilities and "anxiety school DD" where he can see the effect of the school induced anxiety. Since we already did one during the last school year that was deemed invalid I decided to go ahead with the August date. I don't know if it will give us any information in time for the first day of school/classroom placement battle but hopefully between the neuropsych and the psych we will be in a position to make good, informed decisions moving forward.

Looks like next IEP meeting will be once school is underway with whatever classroom placement decision they make already in force. Still no information on what they are planning to do - apparently their lawyer doesn't want them to tell us. My consultant said this morning that it has gotten to the point where he is "embarrassed for them - no one knows what they are doing." He said when he was an asst superintendent "this would have been a five minute fix - it's that simple."

You know - I get that my DD's learning profile is extremely unusual - some have suggested even unique. This means that there are going to be bumps along the way. I get that. It is going to be a tough road. Why on earth would they be trying to make it even more difficult? There truly is no upside for them and a whole lot of potential risk. The best possibility they have is if their placement doesn't actually trigger her then great - we go on with a regular public school education with a whole lot of pull out services provided. That's what we would have if we got the classroom placement we are requesting, too. If it does trigger her then they still have to provide her an education - right? It just becomes a whole lot more complicated to achieve and probably a lot more expensive. I don't see where they are in a position to gain anything from this unless of course we unilaterally place her OOD and they prevail at due process. But we wanted to do that last year and they talked us out of it. THEY were the ones who explained FAPE to US.

*scratching my head*

I just don't get it...