I understand the point about OOD and oneupmanship. Really I do. If she is at the private, though, it will be a battle to get all the special ed services she needs. I can unilaterally place her there with OG tutoring but it could be months until the other spec ed services are up and running via due process. The private has no way to provide them. The city they are located in will not provide them. My home district will not provide them at a private located outside the city limits. I therefore need to exercise this option as a last resort. It is not just money - DD will lose her OT, Speech, Assistive Technology and the neuropsych eval we have scheduled unless we are able to win at due process.

Our district is currently scrambling and I am starting the process with the attorney. I assume that someone in the chain of command will get this principal on a leash and order her to provide an appropriate classroom environment rather than risking OOD placement. We hope to meet with the attorney asap so that we can have contingency plans in place for if they do or do not provide an appropriate classroom.

I really can't believe it either. I assume that's why the principal refused to even ask them. For some reason she wants to flex her muscle on this one. It makes absolutely no sense and I am hoping it will come back to bite her.