Originally Posted by Pemberley
Hope I made the right decision - the neuropsych called this morning with a cancellation in mid-August. I was torn between having him see "happy summer DD" where I think he can get the best read on her abilities and "anxiety school DD" where he can see the effect of the school induced anxiety. Since we already did one during the last school year that was deemed invalid I decided to go ahead with the August date. I don't know if it will give us any information in time for the first day of school/classroom placement battle but hopefully between the neuropsych and the psych we will be in a position to make good, informed decisions moving forward.

Yes, and you are building your team of professional allies who know and can advocate for your DD. I'd have taken the appointment too. You can always follow up for re-examination under stress conditions.

Looks like next IEP meeting will be once school is underway with whatever classroom placement decision they make already in force. Still no information on what they are planning to do - apparently their lawyer doesn't want them to tell us.

That makes *no* sense. Why would they want to leave you in the dark about their plans? (Unless they are planning to surprise you in a non-good way?)

My consultant said this morning that it has gotten to the point where he is "embarrassed for them - no one knows what they are doing." He said when he was an asst superintendent "this would have been a five minute fix - it's that simple."

Does the consultant have any advice on how to fix the situation at this point, or do you have to just sit tight and let the whole thing unfold? Can you at this point object to the IEP/placement plan (without even knowing what the placement plan is?!)?

Once again, it seems as though the IEP has not given you the standing it should to solve problems collaboratively with the school; they are NOT treating you as part of your DD's team. They are supposed to be working WITH you to determine a plan for your DD. You are legally a part of the IEP team.

I don't have enough technical knowledge to know what you should do... but I sure hope it will work out splendidly somehow, even though these folks are botching it terribly.

I just don't get it...

Me neither.

DeeDee