Meeting is over and really could not have gone any better. New DSS seems to understand the issues and will be approaching the principal as our "envoy" (her term not ours.) She asked what we want and we said the simplest solution is to move the first grade teacher to second grade. Otherwise to find a way to recreate that classroom environment, all while working with DD on addressing the anxiety from AIM. She said that they have another case where they are trying to undo the damage caused by a magnet but couldn't remember if it is the same one. I explained that having someone just do what current teacher does may not be enough because it is an entire approach to teaching that is different than that of teachers who rely on punishment and public shaming. I *think* she understands.

I told her that I fully support a desensitization program but it has to be done properly. "We need to be smart about this." I explained that I am concerned about it being rushed or done improperly and that I think it needs to be done in conjunction with putting DD in a classroom where she has the ability to access her education.

So we left it that she is going to try to meet with the principal to see if she is willing to work on creating this classroom environment. I made clear that we need to have DD in a classroom this fall and if the district is unable to meet her needs that our hands will be tied - we will have to seek placement elsewhere. I also told her that as a taxpayer I resent that this principal's ego is writing checks that the town will have to cash...

So I will keep you posted. I figure at the point either she will have an appropriate classroom at the local public or she will be at the private while we sue the school district. I will continue to seek out an appropriate psych but no longer think it is even an option for the school district to attempt this over the summer.

Will keep you posted.