Thanks MON. Your school's system sounds wonderful - exactly what DD would need. I have come to realize that most of this really comes back to the Principal's attitude. She is a former librarian and wants total silence and strict discipline. She uses terms without really understanding them and no one has really held her accountable for misrepresenting her programs. If she tells central office she is using a program called "positive" something they accept it at face value. If a parent complains they respond that the school is using a "positive" program. No one has ever really challenged her so fully before. So she is angry, her ego is bruised and she is looking for ways to retaliate. I have no choice though - if I don't push back the effect for DD will be disastrous. No - not just being dramatic. Her initial school experience at AIM was that bad...

So yesterday ended with a call from asst superintendent saying that the district is calling a meeting - where THEY will pay MY consultant - to meet with princpal and new DSS to see if they can come up with a plan for next year. As someone I told put it - they can't control their own principal so they are bringing in MY consultant to do it for them.

Yes, focus on a positive behavior system. If only they could understand this I think we would not have any of these issues. I mean really I can't even imagine how many hours have been spent by how many people on this already. And it really is that simple - paying attention to positive behaviors is a really good system. Why has this had to become such a battle?