As it has been explained to me (I am not a psychologist), ADD is not the inability to focus, it's the inability to focus when it's not engaging. The inability to choose to do the right thing now to avoid problems later. The inability to choose to stay focused in the face of distraction. Just because my child can focus on reading a book or playing a computer game or tests well 1:1 in an ideal environment with an engaging tester does not mean they do not have ADD...

I'm aware of this--however, while I see why DD would find this testing relatively rewarding, it isn't really THAT interesting. You have to sit there with headphones on and decipher text in one ear while nonsense is played in the other--that kind of thing. It was also 2 hours of sitting in a soundproof room mostly alone and following directions over a headset. I don't know what the attention screener was, but I assume there was some kind of distraction and she had to focus.

This is not to say that I am 100% sure that DD does not have ADD-inattentive. I see some things. I just don't see a LOT of things that match, and the things that do match seem like generalized "child having some problems" (or even "bored kid") issues.