Originally Posted by MonetFan
I find it interesting that you type "LOL" in response to what is very probably an actionable employment decision. Not that your wife, if she is a typical female, would actually dare to file suit and make herself even less marketable as a result.

Part of the LOL was because she has contacts in the firm with the other executive assistants and other worker bees who keep her informed.

At first she was told she "Needed a degree." and then "Needed real world experience." and then "Need to show proof of ability." which she has in all areas.

But this firm cannot get past her sex appeal and their first view of her as being fresh out of High School - among other things.

Senior management has this view of the world that does not really represent the real world. They think a man with fake credentials is worthy while proven performers are not.

But this is no different from other places that also lack an objective strategy for managing, promoting, and mentoring people.

In the case I write about above, all the objective standards say "HIRE NOW!" yet they do not follow them.

Which is what the OT is about.

I see the same process at other firms as well as the one I am at now. People are thrown into new situations and when they screw up, rather than mentoring them and helping them learn, they get blamed. Or past goofiness sticks to people even though they have grown and matured.

Last edited by Austin; 04/13/11 11:06 AM.