(I can't stop laughing at "verbalishness".) I'm not saying that the resignation of Summers was or was not proper, or that he should or shouldn't have been able to say what he did without repercussions-- although from what I recall, he was simply voicing honest concerns that he considered to be in support of advancement of women in academia. I was merely noting that when such a stink arises, creating obvious pressure under which someone resigns (not necessarily in the absence of other factors), it's some evidence that women are wielding a lot more power.

I guess that the women here who have experienced discrimination have one honestly held viewpoint, and a man who hasn't seen it for himself can have an opposing viewpoint, especially when some studies back him up. I am positive that discrimination against women exists, that it is a lot less prevalent than a century ago, and will lessen much more with each passing generation. That's about all I'm sure of. laugh There can be compelling anecdotes about horrible instances of discrimination, but they don't translate into knowledge about its impact on women as a whole.

I wonder whether gifted / highly capable women experience more or less discrimination than women in general.

Striving to increase my rate of flow, and fight forum gloopiness. sick