Originally Posted by herenow
The point of the article however was to identify that Yale, Princeton, Harvard, Dartmouth are still very much old boy networks. That the culture at those schools is much harder on women. That women leave those schools after 4 years feeling LESS confident than when they started. I was stunned that those women are spending huge amounts of money to be short changed in this way. I was stunned that these schools that are considered to be such beacons of higher education could be so incredibly misogynistic.

Rather than the misogyny at large claim, I think you could make a stronger case that the Ivy-League schools are out of touch with the world as compared to other state or smaller private schools. As a Brand, the IL colleges will not want to alter than Brand because demand is so much higher. In addition, the students who come in to the IL will be conformists, many from the NE.

I've posted a bit on here about my DW, who ran a BU of a NYSE firm, and she has a lot of stories about her climb to the top. In the end, it came down to performance. She got the job done and kept her superiors happy.

She has since moved on after executing a successful M&A.

She took a number of tests and interview for other firms' leadership positions.

One firm, where she used to be the Executive Assistant to the CEO when just out of HS, agreed that she blew away the interviews and all the tests, and agreed she has a stellar performance there, and has since been on the fast track, but could not get past her age or their memory of her as a "cute Texas High School Cheerleader answering the phones for the CEO."

LOL

She finds immature industries and growing firms much more accepting of her youth and appearance. Old school industries and many of the search firms associated with those industries immediately discounted her once they met her face to face.