Can a teacher penalize a student for a "504" absence (i.e. deduct participation points? Would it have to be explicitly stated on the plan?

Can teacher deduct participation points for behavioral issues (e.g. excessive talking)?

I guess the nasty art teacher has decided to target my son. After I went in and spoke with him two weeks ago regarding a plan for missing assignments--he has A) given him 24/300 on a major project and B) 1/50 for a daily work assignment.

Both of these were quite late, but he told me he would accept them when we spoke. I guess he didn't think it was necessary to mention there was no point in completing them.

Also: last week, the art teacher sent me a really ugly email about my son's excessive talking. I just checked the gradebook and he gave him 0/40 points for participation last week because of talking on Wednesday, despite email stating he was on task with his project. The teacher was only there one day last week--he had a sub Monday and Wednesday.

So my kid, who is in danger of failing the art class, whose mother has been communicative about the issues he's having--including that we can't get in to psych until May 8 and child is likely having medication issues--is being given NO participation points for last week, despite reported participation.

This is the same teacher who yelled at my child in front of his classmates about "all of the zeros in the gradebook" and told him if he fails, he'll be removed from the program. In front of the other children. I hate people, sometimes.

I've called the principal.