The whole thing about content delievery--yep. If a kid does something and it's not the way the teacher's manual says, they are wrong. Last night I asked my 6 yo if he ever participates in class. He said that they were doing math and the teacher asked them about "strategies" for finding the missing number on a math mountain or pyramid. The problem was 8 at the top of the mountain, 6 on the bottom on one of the sides (the corner of the triangle). How do you find the other corner? DS said he raised his hand and said "take the 8, subtract the 6, and you get the other number 2. Easy Peezy Lemon Squeezy!" Teacher said "No, DS, it has to be a strategy." What? I don't think DS is going to be raising his hand much from now on. I felt like telling him if he wants to take a nap, that's Ok. (this is a kid who is now learning long division at home and is asked innane questions about how to solve 6+___ = 8 in school, and then told he is wrong and isn't using the right strategy when he says to take 8-6!