I have not been in your shoes, but I have found cognative behavior therapy to be VERY good for my 2e son. He loves that he gets to do fun puzzles and doesn't even notice there is therapy happening.

He also attends group therapy sessions to help with his social skills. Your daughter is going through something COMPLETELY different, but I am thinking that group therapy sessions could be helpful for her. Especially if she has difficulty with being passive and a bit of a doormat. Group CBT allows kids to practice skills in real world situations with other children, but under the direct supervision of a therapist. My son doesn't always enjoy the sessions, but his behavior has been getting improving in school, so I believe it's working well.

Good luck to you. I did want to ask, did you have a sessions alone with the therapist prior to your child meeting with them? I did this when I was looking for a therapist for my son and am VERY glad I did so. One of the ladies I saw was a "Christian Counselor" and didn't have a clue what Risperdal or Tenex was!? When I asked her how many of her patients has she been able to help enough to reduce or eliminate their medication she looked at me like I was insane. Fat lot of help she would have been! The guy my son sees now was great. I immediately felt at ease with him. I came prepared with all his paperwork and he seemed interested to go through it, and when he saw my son's WISC scores he commented on it and said he'll definitely read all the paperwork before he begins working with my son and my son really seems comfortable with him!

~amy