Originally Posted by ColinsMum
CBT's an odd thing to go for, though. If I may make a partially informed analogy (I have only one personal experience of therapy; my therapist had a PhD in biochemistry, I think, which may have helped!):

CBT: when I hit the TV there, its picture stops swithering. Remember to do that when the picture swithers.

Postmodern? The quantum fields of the oxygen-enriched copper are out of alignment. Put this vase on the TV, then it'll be fine. It isn't? You must have put the magnetic nanomonopole the wrong way round.

Sometimes what you actually want is someone with some idea how TVs work and how to find out what part might need replacing...

My approach to life is to hit the TV when it swithers.

Of course, now that in weirdness-land....

Therapist: "The quantum fields of the oxygen-enriched copper are out of alignment. Put this vase on the TV, then it'll be fine. It isn't? You must have put the magnetic nanomonopole the wrong way round."

Me: "Meh. I have a sledgehammer. I'm going to hit the vase to see if that helps. Also, I've noticed that some of the vases have chocolate in them and I'm hungry. So, if that doesn't fix the magnetic nanmonopole, I might at least have some chocolate which will make me feel a little better. Also, did I mention that I like to use this sledgehammer?"

Last edited by JonLaw; 01/14/13 03:34 PM.