Originally Posted by aquinas
Originally Posted by JonLaw
Originally Posted by aquinas
Do you have a restraining order against the boy? That might help in 3 regards:

Isn't that sometimes like waving a red flag in front of a raging bull?

It's really only a piece of paper...

Maybe so, maybe not. For a non-violent abuse situation, I'd guess downside risk is minimal.

Except...

on what basis? He "yelled" at her in a way that felt threatening to her? He manhandled her three months ago and tried to frame that rough treatment as "play?"

In any event, if we HAVE to use a formal means of enforcement, we certainly will. But pragmatically, we are probably better off using slow escalation and careful documentation of non-compliance with 'no contact' requests. IMO. My DH has also been nonplussed by my 'alerting' of mandatory reporters without naming names, but there is definitely a method to my madness. With ambient/emotional abuse situations, it's CRITICAL to look: a) rational and b) non-vindictive, particularly when you do finally need to take action. So we're telling people in reporting positions about a concerning pattern, and we're telling them that IF there is any additional escalation, we'll be escalating immediately and we'll expect their help since they'll have been aware of the earlier pattern.

Of note; the phone calls seem to have stopped as of last week sometime.

Schrödinger's cat walks into a bar. And doesn't.