When I was looking for someone to help my DD - also traumatized but by teachers in her terrible kindergarten situation - I was very open about her 2E situation. I talked to a number of therapists on the phone and had one particularly awful experience. It sends shivers up my spine to think what would have happened if I had blindly sent DD to that person so I think I know exactly what you are talking about.

I got some referrals from my pediatrician and others who I thought may give me some good leads. We got very lucky and found a perfect match. She "got" DD before she ever met her. She has been invaluable in working with the school, "translating" as she says, what DD needs. She is both a 2E adult and the parent of a 2E child so she really got it. It clicked with me immediately when she said during our first conversation "She reminds me so much of me. I'm dyslexic and I went to Harvard."

Personally I would lay it all out when you screen these people. See what their reaction is to her PG'ness. To her acceleration. To her sensitivity. To her sense of social justice. She is already feeling vulnerable so if they sound judgmental or disapproving or condescending when speaking to you chances are she will not feel comfortable. When I found the right person for DD I knew it instantly.

Good luck!