Originally Posted by sydness
I wonder how many moms on here are just plain old, above average people, dealing with these amazing children, with no experience of their own to go on. I was NOT smart in school...until Highschool....graduated top 23rd in a class of 300. I wonder if it helps us to be more objective, or if it hinders us because we really don't understand.

So that puts you in the top 7.5% for kids who went to your high school - which could vary depending on if the brightest kids were already sorted out to the private school or if your community was above or below average economically...

But of the kids who scored higher than you - how many were taking classes less challenging than you and how many were taking classes more challenging than you? (or were weighted GPAs around back then?)

If you and your DH choose each other, and didn't 'have' to get married, than there is a pretty good chance that you married because you enjoyed each other's company, and got each others jokes. That suggests that your IQs are most likely similar if not 'quite similar.' Grades and SATs are generally fairly strongly correlated to IQ, but there are some folks that have strengths that aren't reflected that particular way.

Smiles,
Grinity

Coaching available, at SchoolSuccessSolutions.com