Oh...my. Just talked to the GC...Nothing. She did sympathize with the being told to hold her pen like a 4th grader (while she was making broad strokes for design purposes)....and seems to understand that my daughter is in the wrong classroom with the wrong teacher. She offered to talk to the teacher about it..I said no thank you. I was hoping for a pull-out.

GC wondered why I was complaining so early in the year (5th day of school) I told her that after speaking with her teacher, I could tell that she had little experience working with children like my daughter and although DD scored perfect and above grade level in all things reading (way above) the teacher suggested that she was just good at taking tests. I explained that since the teacher doesn't seem to believe that it is possible for a child to read at my DD's level, I don't see how she is a good fit to teach my DD..She again questioned me as to how I know that so early in the year. I told her that the teacher told me and my daughter that anyone reading that much isn't really reading.
Again, she understood that was not a good thing to say.

I told GC that my DD needs to be able to be happy for herself for accomplishing and learning. GC added to that..."and not demeaned." I was like..."Yeah!"

She may be pulled out for Science at some point. I guess there are topic pull-outs too. So a group of kids can get pulled and work on a project...Didn't seem very used though.

I found out that they use the Otis Lennon test to ID the kids.
She also reminded me that the State of CT is not required to provide serviced to gifted children...

Seriously WHY does this stuff make me sooooooo crazy!

What is the Otis Lennon? Does my creative, logical, with like 0 spatial reasoning skills kid have any chance with this test?