That story about your poor mother - that's so funny.

So funny how you sound like you know my children!

I guess I have always known that there was something very special about her...and others have told me time and time again..."there's just something special about that one." I refused to believe that she was going to go down the same road at dd9...Maybe she played along...like with Santa.

She has done things that have been really quite amazing. Like memorized the whole first chapter and more of the Jr. version of The Secret Garden...like 12 pages of so...long Chapter book - when she turned 5.

She is great at Legos and does 6-12 year old lego kits...but I have to check in with her and make sure she isn't making a big mistake that will make her have to start over.

Her vocabulary is sooo funny and she doesn't seem to be dumbing it down for anyone...like my older daughter did.

She has been making up words since she was...2? maybe...Wouldn't eat the chicken skin cause it was blobbery....and something else she described as russely.

Do you know the book "The Little Island?" By Mararet Wise Brown, I think. She cried at 2 or 3 when I read it to her. The island has all these seasons and adventures and at the end, it is just an island in the middle of the sea. She was so upset that the island was just left by itself.

She often talks about how things go over and over. like seasons..and mirrors and whatever...she is, and has always noticed the cycles in life.

She cries often at movies.

I think her gift is to fully understand literature. She makes these connections to literature that I find amazing. She is able to explain her thought process. Like when I read her the Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe (age 5) and she said...Aslan is dying so that Edmond doesn't have tot and the table is broken so not that stupid rule (about the witch being able to kill anyone who betrays Aslan) doens't exist anymore.

At 2 or 3, she asked me how the mall that we were in, wasn't falling down. She begs to watch "How It's Made" and has been building with things since like 6 months...EVERYTHING! Made me crazy. To keep her quiet at a breakfast place, we would give her the jellies...she made some pretty impressive stuff. To keep her quite at home, she played with the soup cans...building stuff with them...at 2 years old, she made a "thing" out of a lot of things and it wasn't a very stable thing...she said this....she exclaime...LOOK! I am the princess of cacophony!" (I don't even know how to spell that.!)"

So, yeah, I have been living in denial...but, I'm not going to panic...I will respond to her begging for harder work...but I'm not going to panic. She is my sweet baby. I think she knows that is what I want her to stay. So, maybe I'll have to start letting her know that it's okay to grow up a little, and she'll still be my sweet baby. She has said in the past.."Mommy, I'm not going to get married when I grow up. I'm going to stay here with you." Music to my ears...

But DD9 was reading real estate magazines at her age, with correct understanding and 'saying' the numbers in the hundreds of thousands. She knew when a house was expensive or not and was able to decide if a house was a good price or not worth the money.

DD6 now, can't really even do math in the teens. She can do it in her head, but her numbers are all backwards and I'm pretty sure she doesn't have that number concept that dd9 had...

Maybe it's because of her eye tracking problems or that dd9 went to Montessori Kindergarten, where they do a great job with that stuff.

I used to work with DD9, not so much DD6.

We shall see.

I showed my husband this thread...he says..."Well, she didn't 'snow' me!"

smile He is the one they get their 'smarts' from. He went to college at 14...

I wonder how many moms on here are just plain old, above average people, dealing with these amazing children, with no experience of their own to go on. I was NOT smart in school...until Highschool....graduated top 23rd in a class of 300. I wonder if it helps us to be more objective, or if it hinders us because we really don't understand.