Just have Woodcock Johnson scores...overall 99.6 with 99.9 in some areas..(writing/spelling)...She was reading words at 2, sentances at 3, books at 4 and chapter books at 5...at 18 months she was doing what seemed to me like kindergarten stuff. Writing letters and numbers and using the computer like a 1st or 2nd grader..loading Blues Clues...for preschool and doing level 3 easily before age 2. I saved a picture she drew when she was 3.5 of me giving birth to her sister...no she wasn't there...lol..but my hunch is that she IS a little above what is normally bright...but I also suspect that she is not so far above, that just being with normally bright students would be enough.

She is not making friends - real friends in our new town. There are many kids she rides around with from the neighborhood, but she seems so disconnected from them. She used to be a leader. I had to teach her to do this without being bossy. She just had so many great ideas for plays to put on and stories to write. I think she has learned that the kids around here aren't into that stuff, so she just rides around with them on her bike, listens to them, laughs at their jokes, and she shares close to nothing with them. She seems so lonely to me. And embarassed to do anything that might seem smart in front of them. She still likes to be smart for me though smile...

I sometimes see her spark when she plays with older kids...a year or two older. The other day she was playing with a 5th grade boy from down the street. He taught her to play Pokemon..Then, he played another game with her (I forgot which one). She was so happy and bright-eyed. That only happens once every 6 months.

She is usually shy with boys, so I know that she must have been really interested to put the whole boy thing aside.

I talk too much. Anyway...sigh. I love this forum!