Thanks Kcab! Yes..that is where I looked...We only have one school in our district..so, I have a good idea of the %...with 120 kids it's pretty small too!

The state % for advanced comes out at 30%
for our school. It's 31 %...So, our school doesn't seem to be "way up there" - except for in writing.

I didn't notice the lare range for advanced. Thanks for pointing that out. Since she only missed ONE of the math problems (prolly the one she 'went back to fix' I'd say she would be among the top scorers in the advanced cat...but who knows. Maybe most of the 'advanced' kids got perfect scores. I wonder if the school would know, or give me that info.

These DRP scores have me confused. The chart says that a 79 is like 12th grade or whatever...I seriously doubt that in 45 minutes they tested all the kids as far up to 12th grade!

I assume the tests get harder every year, so what does the 79 mean? From what I understand, they test until they comprehend less that 70% of what they are reading. So, with a 70% comprehension she is reading at a 79...WHAT THE *** is a 79!

That's amazing that your DD did so well on the SATs...how old was she when she took it? Maybe I am underestimating my DD, but taking SATs seems crazy to me. Don't you need a huge vocabulary to do well? With all those bird:fly::ant:......things...I can't imaging her knowing enough vocab to do well on that!

I saw a comparison of the DRP somewhere...it said that 59% of our district scored 50 (something) which was as high as they went. I can't find ANYTHING that interprets a score from a third grader of 79...It's making me crazy. AND IF it is as high as it seems, should the teacher be calling to tell me that she is aware of DD9's reading level and will be looking for ways to challenge her in the classroom...?

I wonder if the reading teacher is willing to take back her comment to DD at the open house...The one where she told DD that she must not really be reading if she is reading a book a day. She must just be skimming.

So the school doesn't care about the perfect writing score? Do they even look at those do you think?

I also think that it's weird that she got sort of a 'low' score in reading...311 (100-400) with a DRP that seems so high...

I wonder if the level of instruction she received last year in reading (way below her level) is hindering her from performing better on standerdized testing...hmmmm...just thinking outloud! Thanks for listening.

How do you even sign up you 10 (or whatever) year old to take SATs...and what if she bombs...Does the school then think I'm nuts and then not work with me on anything ever again?

Too bad about CTY scores not doing anything for the school...

They do some sort of 'gifted testing' this year in grade 4. Not sure what it is...trying to find out online but can't seem to find it. It's a group test and I believe it is administered to everyone. You only get notified if your child 'is gifted'. But they don't really offer anything to the kids on the list. They do keep them in mind, though, if anything should come up that would interest them. The give them jobs...like speeking at events and such. It doesn't seem to help with their education though. I was told NO on harder homework. I STILL can't get over that!