Just an update....still waiting to hear from the school about the meeting they wer going to have...

Her Math teacher has been sending stuff home with her...Sudoku Puzzles and more worksheets.

Yesterday I got an email from her saying that DD has risen to the challenge of advanced material and she was sending home an enrichment packet for her to complete when she has time and she should bring it back when she is done.

DD did the first page quite quickly. It was a made up money system and a bunch of questions like...If something costs 3 poolas, but I only have have 2 gulpies, how many stoogies would I get back in change.

She LOVED it!She called me over to see and asked..."am I smart?" She was glowing with pride. I haven't seen this since she was a baby. I'm so happy for her. Maybe all she needs in a little enrichment to make public school work for her. Hey, a girl can hope, right?

Is is bad to say that I afraid all this logic enrichment and practice is going to make her so far ahead that regular school work will be even worse for her than it is now? As in, it will become even more senseless and boring? Ughh...can't I just be happy!? Still smiling.