Thank you! You are exactly right, what we need is the BIP. According to my sources (other parents), it is possible to get the BIP with 504--but the 504 coordinator indicated they prefer to do that with IEP.

On a different-but-related note: I just sent my first "weekly check-in" yesterday, and received feedback from three of his teachers so far.

Here's what I heard, among other things, ALL POSITIVE smile --
"He is a pleasure to have in class."
"His interactions with me and classmates have all been positive and I am happy to have him in my class."
"He has been on task and engaged."
He currently has As in his classes, whew!

Honestly, after the year we had last year, I feel like framing these emails. I told DS his teacher said he was a pleasure, and DS said: "I don't know why, I'm just sitting there doing my work." LOL! I do think he liked hearing it, though, because he was smiley. His face is kind of his tell. He *does* want people to like him--NP said he told her when people don't like him, there's nothing he could do about it, so he opts not to care. I think I can use that information for a social language goal, about reciprocity, perhaps?

Now I have to wait and see what the other teachers have to say, but I'm feeling very encouraged. FWIW, I think this is mostly attributable to med changes, which are going very well.

Last edited by eco21268; 08/22/15 02:53 AM.