Originally Posted by eco21268
There is a whole lot of "teacher data" in the report. Both narrative and results of BRIEF and BASC, maybe some other things--I'm kind of fried and don't remember it all. I don't think any reasonable person could look at what the teachers reported and claim his disability isn't having an effect on his education.

Also, this evaluation was done on recommendation of both program coordinator and program counselor, using a person they recommend. That should help, I think.

OK, since you now have a bit more time with the data and report, contemplate the following exercise.

Write down each difficulty you see your DS having. Try and make it as concise as possible, like "Difficulty interpreting written directions."
Next to it, list all the evidence you have for that difficulty. Start with testing, go to teacher data, direct quotes from the neuropsych report, and finish with anecdotal comments starting with teachers then yours (include dates and direct quotes). Move to the next difficulty, and repeat the process.

When I have anecdotal evidence in my list from emails, I keep a printout of the email
in a separate stack with the date and sender highlighted, organized in date order, so that I can find each one in turn.

I did this to get a math goal in an IEP for a child whose WJ math scores are the highest scores in all of the IQ and WJ testing.