Indigo,
The event is in a few weeks yet, and of course I will post an update!

Having finished Mindset now, I am not ready to "throw the baby out with the bathwater" regarding "talent is nothing, hard work is everything" dichotomy. That's the bathwater. I find Growth mindset is an idea worth considering. And no, I didn't have any Kool-aid lol. While I think the book could have been better edited (based on my own marginalia and post-its), and certainly needs updating (Circuit City is held up as a growth-mindset business success story), the essence of developing a growth mindset is attractive.

Dweck confesses to having had a fixed mindset for much of her life; I suspect she still does. She also notes that Mindset is her first foray into writing a popular book. I think the effort to make it simpler for the masses led her and her editor to make some missteps.

Thanks to longcamp for posting the link to the radio programme, I look forward to listening to it. I hope the upcoming talk does not dwell on "don't praise intelligence". I still don't understand how identifying a person as "gifted" is praise. Perhaps THAT is the simple, basic question I would ask, because it seems to raise a lot of hackles and keeps us from listening to the rest of her message.