Carol Dweck has no current financial interest in or income from Mindset Works.

I think the key word here is "current." This being Silicon Valley, it is extremely likely that she has shares in this company and stands to profit if it is acquired or goes public. Besides, if there was no interest in profits, why not form a non-profit foundation instead? In addition, there are the $20-30K-per-shot speaking fees. I continue to see a financial conflict of interest.

Originally Posted by Indigo
Did she just have a growth mindset about getting her fingers into her mouth? Did my month-old son have a growth mindset about reaching for objects? Did they both have growth mindsets about paying attention to the world around them, consistently, from birth? Why do so many people here report the same things, while so many others in the population are surprised by what HG+ newborns do?
In the video shared upthread, Dr. Dweck opens with: comments on the natural curiosity of babies, then shows bored kids in school, what happened?

You've distorted what I wrote in a Dweckian way --- link an obvious statement (curiosity in little kids) to a dodgey idea or a valid point (mine, curiosity) and use the obvious one to promote or disparage the linked one. There should be a formal logical fallacy named for that. If not, I choose to call it the Dweckian distortion fallacy.

HG+ kids are often described as meeting milestones well before neurotypical or even MG kids. This is observed as early as the day of birth and throughout the newborn period. It therefore cannot be attributed to "nurture" or "praise" or anything else except innate cognitive abilities in the newborn. The idea that this ability may naturally disappear is effectively equivalent to the statement, "they all even out by third grade." In many ways, Dweck denies the reality of being highly gifted --- as though it's just some brain-muscle growth-thing that you can drive with hard work --- and that's why I get so wound up. Her ideas are very disrespectful of a small segment of the population.

But if she were to write a more nuanced view, she wouldn't book so many lecture dates or sell so many subscriptions to Brainology (tm).